Welcome to Adventures in Overland
- considering or planning to go on a group overland truck trip?
- stuck down the rabbit hole of packing lists, visas, vaccinations?
- wanting to find out more about day-to-day life on an overland truck?
- wondering how much it all costs?
- concerned about group travel?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
Adventures in Overland is an independent resource site where you can find out what experienced overland travellers and crew think you need to know before you hop on that truck!
Choosing your trip
Oh, the places you could go! But how to choose the right trip for you? This section covers some of the many things you may need to consider when choosing your overland trip, including how to establish the true cost of a trip.
Once you’ve chosen where to go, the real work begins! The long list of pre-trip preparation. Visas, travel insurance, vaccinations, medication and….the dreaded packing list. Find out from experienced overlanders what to take and, more importantly, what not to take!
Life on the Road
Ah…the wind in your hair, the dust on your face, the campfire smoke in your eyes . . . but what a view?! This section gives an insight into daily truck life. What food you can expect, what chores need doing and how to cope with group dynamics.